Simply Taken by Tammilynn

Simply Taken by Tammilynn
~There is Simply Nothing Sweeter Than You... Simply Taken~

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

HELLO EVERYONE! I am back!

 well after months of not being really able to sit at a computer to blog, edit or even face book (thank goodness for my Droid X!!)  without doing straight legged gymnastics with ice packs and a brace (not fun at all and not a good visual :(  ) I am finally back!

It feels good to be here too!! We have lots to catch up with!

In the past few weeks we have had birthdays pregnancy announcements( I am gonna be a Nonnie again!! to a baby girl due in august!!! Thank you Paul and Amy!!) and sad to say losses.

Tonight I will post about the one that has been on my heart...

...................................................A TRIBUTE TO GRANDMA DOT........................................................

 I met this wonderful sweet lady about 12 years ago. She moved next door to my parents and lived alone.
Her husband had passed away and moved from another city to be close to her remaining children here in Prescott. Her name was Dorothy and to us she became Grandma Dot.

Grandma Dot loved God and family. Especially family that has alot of children! My family fit the bill as I have 5!  Grandma loved knitting and crocheting and would make beautiful baby sweaters and dresses and booties. It did not take long for my 9 year old daughter Amy to make her way to Grandma Dots house  and Grandma Dot took to Amy like bees to honey. They were good for each other. Amy would talk her ears off and Grandma would listen. And listen. It did not take long for Grandma to figure out this girl need something to do. She handed her knitting needles and that became the beginning of a long and wonderful relationship. Amy learned,  and learned well. She carried those needles everywhere we went. Soon my other daughter Melissa picked up knitting!  My youngest daughter Mahalie will never get to learn to knit or crochet from this Grandma but she had the privilege of wearing the beautiful crochet jackets and hats and booties with matching blankets that Grandma Dot made for her with those beautiful yet gnarled hands.

Grandma Dot left us and her family two weeks ago and the world became a little less brighter. She was an amazing woman and a wonderful Grandmother. She never made us feel like we were adopted. She loved us and we loved her!

 It saddens my heart because I never really got to say good bye or even thank you.

The last time I spoke to Grandma Dot she was in the hospital and so was I.  I was going home, but Grandma never go to go home.

 I love you Grandma Dot! Thank you for loving us and  passing on something that will last a lifetime. Every time I see my girls knit a blanket or booties, I will think of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment